PDA

View Full Version : where to find lots of empty glass wine bottles

S3V3NTiNiN3
March 3rd, 2012, 02:58 AM
Hi all,

I am considering undertaking a mosaic arts project which requires large numbers of empty glass wine bottles. I'm not of legal age to buy alcohol in the u.s.a. so I've been getting bottles from dumpsters, etc. Has anyone else been in my situation, and if so, where'd you find the bottles?

QIII
March 3rd, 2012, 03:03 AM
I drink fine boxed wine.

You might do better to ask this sort of question in your local community rather than a forum on the "interwebs".

Warpnow
March 3rd, 2012, 04:48 AM
Ask a local restaurant to save them for you. They prolly have alot.

Paqman
March 3rd, 2012, 08:32 AM
if so, where'd you find the bottles?

Your local authority is probably collecting them for you, just plug into that stream. Around here we have a special box for glass at the kerbside, you could raid those on collection day if you have something similar. Alternatively go to wherever they take the collections and ask if you can take some away.

mips
March 3rd, 2012, 09:17 AM
I'll make you a deal, you supply full wine bottles which I will punish myself to drink and return the empty bottles to you ;)

Megaptera
March 3rd, 2012, 11:47 AM
I'll make you a deal, you supply full wine bottles which I will punish myself to drink and return the empty bottles to you ;)

... and I'll help too :D

But I think friends, neighbours or restaurants would be good sources as already suggested.

mamamia88
March 3rd, 2012, 03:57 PM
well obvbiously the most fun way is to empty them yourself but the restaurant idea is a good one, do you have a recycling center around?

S3V3NTiNiN3
March 3rd, 2012, 05:38 PM
Hmmm, I hadn't thought of the recycling center option. Nice! thanks!