PDA

View Full Version : Icewind Dale: Heart of Winter on wine

Reducer
June 10th, 2006, 06:19 AM
Hi,

I've got the main Icewind Dale game running superbly in wine, however when I try to install the Heart of Winter expansion pack, it tells me that I don't have Icewind Dale installed. Has anyone else run into this?

Thanks.

Reducer

ShanghaiTeej
August 17th, 2006, 09:06 PM
Did you ever fix your problem? I'm about to install the icewind dale expansion and want to know if you fixed the problem before I install.

Reducer
August 18th, 2006, 12:36 AM
I ended up installing the game + expansion under Windows then just copying the directory over.

ShanghaiTeej
August 18th, 2006, 04:06 AM
Where would you copy the whole directory (I need the gritty details)? Thanks for the response.

Reducer
August 20th, 2006, 04:08 PM
Yes. Copy the 'Black Isle Studios' directory to the ~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/ directory.

thom_raindog
April 9th, 2007, 08:19 AM
How does one install and run IWD on wine?
I managed to install flawlessly, yet trying to run it...? I always get the following errormessage:
"An Assertion failed at Chitin.cpp at line number 1727. Programmer says: Error initializing key table, bad key file."

I installed Heart of winter over my main install: Fine. Same error on startup though.

Any ideas?

ipartola
July 23rd, 2007, 03:49 AM
Same error here. Any clues how to fix it? P.S.: Fiesty fawn running latest wine + IWD 1.0.6 (not heart of winter).

hikaricore
July 23rd, 2007, 05:45 PM
Although it appears that Icewind Dale works under WINE: http://appdb.winehq.org/appview.php?iVersionId=208

It seems the expansion does not (or atleast not very well): http://appdb.winehq.org/appview.php?iVersionId=5279

I havn't been able to find any further info on the matter.

ShanghaiTeej
July 23rd, 2007, 11:07 PM
Yeah, never could get the game to work. I just gave up. I think I even tried cedega, but no luck.

piaskal
December 29th, 2007, 10:00 PM
I had the same problem.
To start the game you have to run wine in the game folder or it wont work.

For me that was:

cd ~/.wine/drive_c/Program\ Files/Black\ Isle\ Studios/Icewind\ Dale\ Serce\ Zimy/
wine IDMain.exe

wine "C:\Program Files\Black Isle Studios\Icewind Dale Serce Zimy\idmain.exe" doesn't work.