PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Missing Thunar icons over SSH

rafe101
February 29th, 2012, 04:24 PM
I had to reinstall Mythbuntu on my media center because of a bad distribution upgrade and now I don't have any icons when using Thunar over SSH. There aren't any whether I open it as a normal user or as root. I think this has happened before and I had to clear some sort of cached files, but I can't remember what they were and I can't find wherever it was that I got the suggestion the first time.

Does anyone know what I have to do to get icons back? I can't even remember if what I had to fix was on the remote or the local computer.

http://i.imgur.com/7mX6w.png

abubin
July 26th, 2012, 06:01 PM
is this problem solved? I am also getting this problem. Running xfce through vnc4server as root. Used to do this with ubuntu 10.04 with xfce. Now, just formatted and reinstalled everything from fresh with 12.04 with xfce 4.10.

How to get icons showing again?

rafe101
July 26th, 2012, 06:11 PM
Nope; it's been months and it's still the same. I swear I had this problem before and I fixed it by deleting the contents of a folder, but I can't remember or figure out which it was or where I had found that solution. Did you backup and restore the contents of you home directory after you updated? I think that's where the problem comes in to play. There is some sort of a cache somewhere that no longer corresponds to the relevant machines. However, I can't even remember if these files were on the host or client.

rafe101
March 4th, 2013, 07:42 PM
I know this is old, but I still don't have a solution for this. Anyone?