PDA

View Full Version : Network problems after dual OS installation

Draxstyle
February 28th, 2012, 09:43 PM
Yesterday I installed Ubuntu 10.04 with ext3 filesystem. After the installation had been completed I booted up the system. When I came to the desktop for the first time I saw the network icon displaying that I had no network connection. A red blinking light from the computer though.

Confused as I was I tried different cables, reset the router, changed router, open up my computer checked for any unplugged cables etc. Everything was fine. I booted up into windows which I have installed from before. Same issue!

I tried to install Ubuntu again but with ext4, SAME ISSUE.
Then again...but with ext2, SAME ISSUE...

Then I tried with reiserSF(I think it's called that) and everything worked fine in Ubuntu. No problems what so ever!

BUT.....When I logon to Windows I still have the same network issue...

THIS HAVE NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE.
Thank you for taking your time!

/Drax

Draxstyle
February 28th, 2012, 10:20 PM
Oh sorry, I now saw that I've put it wrong...Guess it should have been under Networking...

wyliecoyoteuk
February 28th, 2012, 10:46 PM
could possibly be a firmware issue.
Try shutting down the PC (not restarting!) so that it is switched off. Then switch it back on again.
Some devices (usually USB devices or wifi cards) only load firmware at a cold boot.
This can mean that Windows won't work because the firmware is in an unexpected state from Linux, and vice versa.
I had this a while ago with a wifi card, and I went around in circles until I cold booted.

Draxstyle
February 29th, 2012, 06:24 PM
Yeah thanks! Now it's working!

=)

Draxstyle
March 2nd, 2012, 08:01 AM
Guess what... I booted up my computer, normal morning. And BAM, same issue is back again.... :(

I really don't want to reinstall ubuntu AGAIN....

Does anyone have any other solutions?

A friend of mine thought it was a conflict in hardware...

Ty for ur help
/Drax

Draxstyle
March 4th, 2012, 12:42 PM
I have formated my whole harddisk, tried all sorts of operating systems. Nothing is working. It's not my router or cables that are the problem.

It's either the moatherboard screwing around or just the network card(but it's integrated so...) same **** though

Really tired of this!!

Right now I'm using a 10 years old laptop, so please, understand that this is hard for me to endure! My beloved computer doesn't work :(

/Drax