PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Loss of mobile broadband connection after upgrading

cantave
February 28th, 2012, 09:57 AM
Dear Ubuntu people,

!) After upgrading from 10.04 to 11.10, Ubuntu ceased to recognize my mobile broadband USB device (it does recognize it has some USB thing connected, but not that it's a mobile device). My first step was contacting Alcatel (as this is an Alcatel OT X220 model). They astonished me by answering that OT X220 does not work with Ubuntu -- but it had been working very nicely with Ubuntu 11.04 for eight months! Anyway, Alcatel has let me down. Any suggestions?

2) I have got another mobile broadband USB device (Movistar brand), which (again, against Movistar's indications that it can't work with Ubuntu) now 11.10 does recognize as a mobile broadband device. It even obeys my order to connect me to the mobile company, and asks me for the company's PIN; I can see its efforts by the usual moving little waves within the upper menu bar. But it never succeeds, never reaches connection. Again, I could do with your expert help. I can use terminal commands if necessary.

Because of this internet connection problem I've had to stop using Ubuntu and gone back to Windows. But I miss Ubuntu, which I find is much better.

Any suggestions will be much welcome. Thanks a lot in advance, wise people.

Rosanna