PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Emacs org-mode odt

jldoll
February 28th, 2012, 05:15 AM
I've been using emacs org-mode for a brief period, and have just about everything working the way I want except one thing. I can't open links to odt files with libreoffice. I've been able to link all other file types of interest with my favorite program, but with odt it seems my org-file-apps override gets overwritten by some other default which tries to open the file in emacs as xml. Is there any way to block the default behavior for odt. A last resort is to rename/resave all of my files as doc. I renamed one as a test and it worked, but I really don't like these kind of workarounds.

jldoll
February 28th, 2012, 05:36 AM
I've been using emacs org-mode for a brief period, and have just about everything working the way I want except one thing. I can't open links to odt files with libreoffice. I've been able to link all other file types of interest with my favorite program, but with odt it seems my org-file-apps override gets overwritten by some other default which tries to open the file in emacs as xml. Is there any way to block the default behavior for odt. A last resort is to rename/resave all of my files as doc. I renamed one as a test and it worked, but I really don't like these kind of workarounds.

Not sure what my typo was. I checked and rechecked, but didn't see anything wrong. However I had a different error about ini not finishing loading. Since adding odt override was the last thing I changed I removed it. Ini problem fixed. Re-keyed in odt override from memory. Everything works.