PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Fails to install on Lenovo T22

tardyquark
February 26th, 2012, 09:26 PM
I downloaded the 11.10 live disk file, burned it on a Gateway P4 Win2000 machine and tried to install it from RESTART on an old Lenovo T22, 900 MHz P3 running Win2000 (the reason for trying Ubuntu). A message flashed on the screen claiming that the T22 security had found a module that might change the EEPROM, and had refused to let it load. I got as far as the "Preparing to install Ubuntu" window and hit Continue, with the box for installing third party software checked, and the box for downloading updates while installing no checked. Result - infinite loop for more than an hour. Every so often the CD drive powers up and down, but there is no HD action. :confused:

I don't know what's going on, but I do know that Ubuntu has no business messing with my EEPROM. Or even looking like it might. I don't waste a lot of time on things that don't work out of the box, so it looks like I'm going to try another flavor of linux. Maybe. #-oI can't afford new stuff, so I can't take much of a chance messing up what I have.