PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Ubuntu interface different for same version

kranthimanudear
February 25th, 2012, 03:29 PM
Hi,

I installed latest version of Ubuntu i.e 11.10. I really loved the interface which is similar to the below two screen shots. The login authentication window was in the center and was impressive with many other features. When I installed, I made a bootable usb from windows.

I had some problem with the filesystem so I formatted the system and so downloaded the same version again and installed it. This time the version which I saw was different. This is similar to the old Natty version. Can you please help me in getting that back? Below are the screenshots of the new installed version. I want the new interface as in the screenshots above.

Is it any problem with the installed version? Previously when I installed, I made a bootable usb from windows; now i made a bootable usb from old version of Ubuntu. does that make any difference?

grahammechanical
February 25th, 2012, 04:19 PM
I am confused by what the problem is.

The first image is of the 10.04 log in screen.

The third image is of the 11.10 log in screen.

There are supposed to be differences between the two. I can tell you that the log in screen for 12.04 is different yet again.

I think that you are making references to the wrong images. This is what is confusing me.

Did you install 11.10 and are you getting the 11.04 log in screen? Is that the problem?

Are you sure that you installed 11.10 and not 11.04?

GnomeDM is used for the log in on 11.04 but LightDM is used for the log in on 11.10. I know that I know that GnomeDM can be used instead of LightDM on 11.10 but even so you should still get the 11.10 logos.

Regards.

kranthimanudear
February 25th, 2012, 05:03 PM
Thank you Graham for the reply. I've mentioned that the first screenshot is similar to the 11.10 version I first got.

I couldnt find any screenshot of 11.10 in that interface and so attached this. It was with blue background on installation and not the purple one. Also, this change was before Gnode was added.