PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Free 1GB laptop memory

anewguy
February 25th, 2012, 07:48 AM
I suppose this should be in the other forum, but I wanted to post it here since many newbies coming here for help might actually be in need.

I have an sodimm for a laptop - I think this came out of an old Dell, but I don't remember right now.

It's a hynix 1GB (2Rx8) PC2-4200. If your laptop uses this type of memory, you live in the continental US and you are on disability or more or less can't afford to just go out and blow money on memory (in other words, like me ;) ), PM me - the first legit in gets it.

100% free.

Dave ;)

raja.genupula
February 25th, 2012, 07:55 AM
Hey anewguy
you're doing really good and so kind . i hope some one utilize your offer .
but i must appreciate you for your help .

i love one thing , lemme say it . help people help you . i have read this is forums only and i love that .

Have a great day my friend .

cheers!

Raja

anewguy
February 26th, 2012, 01:03 AM
Thanks for the kind words, Raja! I hope the world is treating you kindly my friend!

As for the memory - someone in need has claimed it.

Slightly paraphrasing from the movie: play it forward everyone.

The world today just needs more people caring about others more than themselves.

Dave ;)

wolfen69
February 26th, 2012, 01:52 AM
Very nice gesture anewguy. I myself may be getting out of the computer repair business and have tons of memory. I've collected a lot of it over the years, and may have to part with it. Will be sure to let everyone know.

lkraemer
February 26th, 2012, 02:21 PM
THANKS Dave,

This post reminded me of a guy that I sent a Serial (Hardware) USB Robotics Modem!

Larry.

anewguy
February 27th, 2012, 01:09 PM
You sure did!! And it worked great!! I passed it on as well, and thought we might as well keep up the tradition. Now the old Dell laptop - that may be another matter ;) I've been keeping to drive my small telescope, but I do already have a 17" Acer quad core laptop - BTW the screen size helps my eyes but isn't worth the offset in "clumbsiness".

Thanks again for the modem Larry! ;)

Hope all is going well!

Dave ;)