PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Ubuntu 10.04 backlight off

sgd83
February 25th, 2012, 07:16 AM
Hello,

I'm trying to install Ubuntu 10.04 (32 bit) from a CD on my new Toshiba Satellite L755D, but I have a problem with the screen backlight.

When I turn the computer on everything is ok, and I get to the installation screen correctly, but as soon as I select install, the backlight switches off and I cannot find a way to turn it on again. The screen is still working and I managed to complete the installation without the backlight, destroying my eyes in the process, hoping that the backlight would come back on once it was installed, but it didn't.

So now when I start the computer the backlight goes off as soon as Ubuntu starts and I can't find a way to turn it on again. I tried playing with the brightness settings but nothing changes.

Can somebody please give me a hint of what might be happening and how to solve it?

Thank you very much!

raja.genupula
February 25th, 2012, 07:50 AM
Its looking like improper graphical drivers installation .
if possible post the output of lspci

sgd83
February 26th, 2012, 08:10 PM
Thank you for the reply. However the problem somehow got solved by itself. When I switched the computer on to try to give you the output the backlight did not go off and it has not done so any more.

Thank you anyway!

raja.genupula
February 27th, 2012, 07:31 AM
aah! thats great , please mark the thread as solved from thread tools.
Thank you .