PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] White font color in Ubuntu!! Cant see a thing!! Help!!

Adam Jensen
February 24th, 2012, 11:07 PM
Earlier today I changed the gnome theme for Ubuntu and now I'm having an issue with the font. For some strange reason it has been changed to white for many of my applications. even when I revert back to the original theme the font is still white. I can only see the words in some applications if I tilt the screen. I tried using the gnome color picker and I could not find anything to change the font. Helllp!!!

HeroOfCanton
February 24th, 2012, 11:46 PM
Check this thread:
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1861602

(3rd post has the info you need)

Adam Jensen
February 25th, 2012, 01:53 AM
Check this thread:
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1861602

(3rd post has the info you need)

Thanks, but it did not work. For whatever reason, I don't have the permission to alter the files. I logged in as root and tried to change the hex codes but I keep getting a message that I don't have permission or something like that. This is very frustrating. The font should not look like this.

Adam Jensen
February 25th, 2012, 11:21 PM
Does anyone have a solution for this?

HeroOfCanton
February 25th, 2012, 11:50 PM
Thanks, but it did not work. For whatever reason, I don't have the permission to alter the files. I logged in as root and tried to change the hex codes but I keep getting a message that I don't have permission or something like that. This is very frustrating. The font should not look like this.

First, rather then logging in as root you should use sudo.

sudo gedit /path/file

If you use sudo and still get an error can you please post the exact error message?

Adam Jensen
February 26th, 2012, 07:06 PM
First, rather then logging in as root you should use sudo.

sudo gedit /path/file

If you use sudo and still get an error can you please post the exact error message?

Sorry for responding so late. I did what you told me to do and I did not get an error message. What's next? Do I just edit the code? Which line(s) of code do I edit?