PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Question about my laptop's touchpad.

Extol11
February 24th, 2012, 05:39 PM
I bought an ASUS k52f last September and I just recently installed Ubuntu on it via Wubi and I noticed I can no longer use some special features the touchpad has. If you tap it with three fingers, it does a right click. And for scrolling down and up and sideways you just slide two fingers in the desire direction at once. I don't even know what these features are called and I'm wondering if there's any way of turning them on on Ubuntu. I'm using 10.04.4, it's updated and I'm pretty sure there must be someway of using them on Ubuntu. Any help will be appreciated, thanks in advanced.

musicman10489
February 29th, 2012, 06:33 PM
You can try Touchegg. I personally never had any luck with it, but it could just as easily work like a charm for you.

$ sudo apt-get install touchegg

Good luck :)

Edit:I just realized that you're using 10.04, so I'm not entirely sure that Touchegg will run for you. Keep us updated.

bcbc
February 29th, 2012, 08:48 PM
You can enable the 2 finger scrolling from the System Settings. Don't think the 3 finger right click will work. That's probably specific to the software running under Windows - e.g. on one computer I can tap in the corners and they all do different functions (e.g. minimize, start menu etc)

bcbc
February 29th, 2012, 11:20 PM
I take that back - a 2 finger tap does the right click for me.

Extol11
March 2nd, 2012, 09:11 PM
Thanks! I'll give it a try asap and let you guys know how it went.