PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] oneiric trashed my clipboard scripts - how to repair?

Dreamer Fithp Apprentice
February 24th, 2012, 12:21 AM
What changed about the clipboard between Maverick and Oneiric that broke my clipboard scripts? I've reinstalled xclip but that didn't seem to help. Do I need to change a setting somewhere to turn over clipboard management to xclip, not just install it? If that isn't possible what manages clipboards in Oneiric and can it be manipulated from the command line and where are the commands documented?

Or is there some other, still better way? If I have to go to the work of rewriting every script that uses the clipboard, is there some other clipboard manager that can be used from the command line, and hence in scripts, that is better than either what was used in Maverick or Oneiric? I wouldn't mind having multiple clipboards or a clipboard history or something like that that would be even more flexible.

Dreamer Fithp Apprentice
February 26th, 2012, 07:50 AM
Not sure why, but this problem seems to have gone away. Maybe this was before I installed Mate and was still struggling with the gnome-3 gnome classic desktop. Or maybe I just had to reboot after installing xclip. I've been fiddling with a lot of things but I'm not sure when this started working correctly again.