February 22nd, 2012, 08:04 PM
how can i gif my wallpaper like this one --->

Frogs Hair
February 22nd, 2012, 09:54 PM
This may be a start .http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graphics_Interchange_Format

SteveDee
February 22nd, 2012, 10:11 PM
how can i gif my wallpaper like this...

You can use Gimp to create an animated gif.

To get started, just create a new image and then add (say) 4 layers. Add different coloured shapes or letters to each layer in different places (i.e so they appear side by side). Then save as an animated gif and set the delay value for each frame/layer to (say) 300ms.

You could also open your example gif in Gimp and see how it has been made.

Krytarik
February 22nd, 2012, 10:24 PM
Please, both of these don't help the OP to actually set a GIF image as desktop wallpaper - which isn't possible, afaik.

Regards.

cold37
February 23rd, 2012, 01:10 AM
yea i dont care about how gif was made or how to make it i just WANTING TO KNOW HOW TOO MAKE A GIF MY WALLPAPER

Frogs Hair
February 23rd, 2012, 02:16 AM
yea i dont care about how gif was made or how to make it i just WANTING TO KNOW HOW TOO MAKE A GIF MY WALLPAPER

Excuse me , I misunderstood . There are animation options , but I think Krytarik is correct about using a .gif as a background.

grahammechanical
February 23rd, 2012, 03:05 AM
You could look in the Software Centre for something called Wallch. It may or may not do what you want. Read the reviews. I have not tried this so I cannot say what it does or how well it works.

It is possible to edit the scripts that tell the Gnome Control Centre what are wallpapers and where they are. I know how to do it but I have not written a tutorial on how to do it.

Regards.