View Full Version : Graphics program for my company logo.

February 22nd, 2012, 11:50 AM
I want to use linux ubuntu and inkscape and gimp and blender, to build a small logo for my on coming small business.

Is it very very legal to use inkscape gimp and blender on ubuntu for my business logo.

I am not afraid of viruses when with ubuntu.

February 22nd, 2012, 11:59 AM
You are free to use the programs you mentioned , and the operating sytem to create anything that you need.

There is more detailed information here:

Provided that the logo that you make does not make use of any other exicting companies trademarked or copyrighted logo then you are free to do as you please with regard to your own logo for your business.

If you have any more questions just ask!

Good Luck

February 24th, 2012, 10:58 PM
It's all about how you want it to look like :)

If you need something more 3Dish you're for sure going to use Blender. For modern 2D logo made only with vectors there's Inkscape, and Gimp if you want some more details.

February 25th, 2012, 08:10 PM
x2 on inkscape.

I would go for version 48. I complied it on 10.04 but you can get it through the software center if you got a newer version of ubuntu.

February 26th, 2012, 03:38 AM
I use GIMP and it's a great program.

Been Oil painting for 10 years plus and never had a problem.

Good luck to you!:D

March 6th, 2012, 12:08 PM
Gimp is definitely recommended, and you can use it to make a logo without restrictions. If you're accustomed to Photoshop, there's a "Gimpshop" version of Gimp that's tweaked to be extremely similar to photoshop controls.