PDA

View Full Version : Congrats To The Staff!

ozone702
February 22nd, 2012, 06:23 AM
Congratulations are in order to the staff in Ubuntu's recently celebrated achievements with bringing it to innovative platforms such as TV's and Smart Phones.

When all of these things were being worked on and you released Unity, I was unaware of what your plans and goals were. Now that I see the vision, I'm very impressed and happy to see Ubuntu breaking new ground and venturing into these exciting new realms. :D

uRock
February 22nd, 2012, 06:26 AM
Moved to the Cafe.

It will be great if they can break the barrier and get on board with Netflix.

keithpeter
February 22nd, 2012, 08:57 AM
Hello All

Yes, I'll add my own congratulations to the Canonical staff and to the wider Ubuntu community.

We've had in the last year or so...

Unity and Unity 2d development
HUD
Ubuntu TV announcement
Ubuntu desktop on phone announcement
Ubuntu Business Edition floated
Consolidation as represented by the change in status of Kubuntu

...and these add up to a definite direction towards a profitable company with a solid software platform on a huge range of devices. Not bad for a company with a turnover something around £30 million.

HappinessNow
February 22nd, 2012, 09:03 AM
Moved to the Cafe.

It will be great if they can break the barrier and get on board with Netflix.

Netflix currently works on Android and ChromeOS so why not?

btw: closed my Netflix account over a year ago and use Amazon Prime, CBS, PBS, YouTube, hulu, crackleTV, etc. Netflix is overpriced, overrated and boring.

philinux
February 22nd, 2012, 12:45 PM
Ubuntu on android video.

http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2012/02/watch-ubuntu-for-android-in-action/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+d0od+%28OMG%21+Ubuntu%21%29

yetiman64
February 22nd, 2012, 01:10 PM
Ubuntu on android video.

http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2012/02/watch-ubuntu-for-android-in-action/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+d0od+%28OMG%21+Ubuntu%21%29
That's amazing, looking forward to the day those phones/docks are released for retail. I'm not into "smart" phones usually, but I'd seriously consider buying something like that.

Definitely congrats due to those putting these sort of ideas together.