PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] flash player and youtube

micxploed
February 22nd, 2012, 03:14 AM
Hello all, recently something is up with my flash player, my youtube video player has recently changed and I dont know how. Its different and now youtube videos and any flash played videos are very laggy and choppy. How can I check what version of flash i have and is there a way to update, thanks.

wojox
February 22nd, 2012, 03:22 AM
Have you tried Flash-Aid (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/flash-aid/)

wildmanne39
February 22nd, 2012, 03:23 AM
Hi, open firefox, click on tools, addons then type flashaid in the search box and follow the directions it fixes most issues with flash including if you are using chrome.
Thanks

micxploed
February 22nd, 2012, 03:50 AM
Hi, open firefox, click on tools, addons then type flashaid in the search box and follow the directions it fixes most issues with flash including if you are using chrome.
Thanks
Thank you sir! Worked!!

wildmanne39
February 22nd, 2012, 03:54 AM
Hi, your welcome! would you please go to the top of the page and mark this thread solved by clicking on thread tools.
Thank you

dblackmon
February 22nd, 2012, 04:05 AM
I tried this and I get flashgot and flashbug as the search results. I am trying to download, but get an error downloading message. Any help?

wildmanne39
February 22nd, 2012, 04:19 AM
Hi dblackmon, type flash aid then go to the bottom of that page and click view and it should bring up a page to install flashaid or go here to install it.
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/flash-aid/
Thanks

dblackmon
February 22nd, 2012, 05:49 AM
When i try to open the file 'flash_aid-2.2.3-fx-linux (1).xpi' I get "Archive type not supported."

alphacrucis2
February 22nd, 2012, 06:02 AM
When i try to open the file 'flash_aid-2.2.3-fx-linux (1).xpi' I get "Archive type not supported."

In firefox select Tools Addons. Then on the Addons page, click the tool button immediately to the left of the search all addons field at the top right of the page. It will display an option that says "Install add on from file"

lovinglinux
February 22nd, 2012, 10:57 AM

Are you using Firefox? It doesn't work with Chrome.

When you visit the extension address at Mozilla, it should allow you to install directly. There is no need to download the xpi file. However, you can also drag the xpi file to a Firefox window to initiate the installation process.

dblackmon
February 22nd, 2012, 07:29 PM
Thanks for the help. That fixed the problem.