PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Shortcut questions and problems

Buster95
February 20th, 2012, 03:00 AM
First - the shortcut problem
The zoom shortcut recently stopped working in Firefox and Thunderbird. Ctrl++ now only zooms the menu bar text (but even then, only when the mouse is hovered over the text). It does not zoom the rest of the workspace.

How do I get it back?

I have checked "System Settings" > "Keyboard" > "Shortcuts" > "Universal Access" > "Increase/decrease text size". It's set OK and the shortcut works normally with the various System Settings displays. It also works OK with Gramps.

Second - the shortcut question:
Where can I find a list of all currently enabled shortcuts?

3Miro
February 20th, 2012, 03:56 AM
I think what you need is CompizConfig Settings Manager or CCSM. You can find it in the Software Center. CCSM has a huge number of options, customizations and specifically shortcut keys for Unity.

Buster95
February 20th, 2012, 12:28 PM
I think what you need is CompizConfig Settings Manager or CCSM. You can find it in the Software Center. CCSM has a huge number of options, customizations and specifically shortcut keys for Unity.

Thanks,
Already searched through CCSM and it doesn't seem to hold a clear remedy for me. As far as I can tell, the zoom shortcuts are properly set there.

It puzzles me that the zoom shortcuts work for some programs and not for others.

More thoughts?

Copper Bezel
February 21st, 2012, 06:08 AM
Well, shortcuts like this are normally controlled app-to-app, rather than system-wide. I couldn't find anything in Firefox's settings to control the keyboard shortcuts, though.