PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] layout switcher in xfce4

oldnik
February 19th, 2012, 09:30 PM
[no comments] - everything on screenshot
restarting doesn't make sense

ajgreeny
February 19th, 2012, 10:51 PM
That depends on whether or not you need that applet I would think. Do you need to change your keyboard layout much (it's something I never do), but if not, remove the applet. If you do really need it, there must be some problem that needs sorting out so that it does not keep crashing.

oldnik
February 19th, 2012, 11:02 PM
Well, usually i use

setxkbmap -layout us,it -options ...
to change layout. But the bug is in dropping to default settings after logon from sleep. And sometimes this applet crashes.

LewisTM
February 19th, 2012, 11:40 PM
This applet has had its share of bugs.
The best way to make is run safely is to set everything to default outside of the plugin itself, that means system default settings in the xfce4-settings-manager and of course no setxkbmap command.
Otherwise it will crash.
Or remove it from your panel and go with setxkbmap commands only.

Cheers!

oldnik
February 19th, 2012, 11:50 PM
This applet has had its share of bugs.
The best way to make is run safely is to set everything to default outside of the plugin itself, that means system default settings in the xfce4-settings-manager and of course no setxkbmap command.
Otherwise it will crash.
Or remove it from your panel and go with setxkbmap commands only.

Cheers!

Thank you, LewisTM ! Yes, i'll try it other way i use now. Once you helped me with àccéntş. This is second one) 2-0

oldnik
October 24th, 2012, 05:13 PM
To those, who are interested:
now i use quite simple, no-plugins method. Create ~/setxkb.sh with
setxkbmap -layout us,de,fr -option grp:lwin_toggle,compose:ralt and add this script to autorun.
Have fun with linux! :)