PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] System freezing after login

deadtom
February 19th, 2012, 05:29 AM
I've got an MSI U230 Light netbook running kubuntu 10.10.

This system has been rock solid for months, no problems at all. It was working fine all day today and then just suddenly froze on me. By froze I mean the system simply stopped. Whatever is on the screen is frozen there, keyboard and mouse unresponsive, can no longer access it remotely via ssh, nothing. All I can do is hold the power button until it shuts off and then bring it back up.

Now it does this about a minute after logging in, every single time.

I've tried logging in as a different user and it does the same thing. It's been sitting at the log in screen for about 15 minutes now and has yet to freeze so it's something happening after a user is logged in.

I don't know what other log files to try to grab to see what's going on with it.

Google hasn't turned up anything helpful at all.

Thanks!

deadtom
February 19th, 2012, 09:04 PM
And as mysteriously as the problem appeared, it suddenly went away. No idea what caused it or what fixed it.

LinuxFan999
February 19th, 2012, 10:50 PM
If the problem is gone, then please mark the thread as "Solved" in the thread tools.

deadtom
February 19th, 2012, 10:52 PM
If the problem is gone, then please mark the thread as "Solved" in the thread tools.

I do not know the solution to the problem. So marking it solved would be a bit misleading to others trying to find a solution to a similar problem.