PDA

View Full Version : back round web site

sean neilan
February 19th, 2012, 03:30 AM
Is there any body who knows about a free back round check web site that i may use?

Ms. Daisy
February 19th, 2012, 03:33 AM
Are you talking about background checks?

kazztan0325
February 19th, 2012, 05:12 PM
Hi sean neilan,

You may use a Firefox add-on called "Update Scanner" if you are a Firefox User.

Here is the link:
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/update-scanner/

wildmanne39
February 19th, 2012, 05:24 PM
Hi, more information will help us help you.
Thanks

Ms. Daisy
February 21st, 2012, 01:17 AM
So if you're talking about BACKGROUND checks, and you don't want to pay a service, you may consider using Google. Seriously. That may sound like I'm being flip but I'm not. As this doesn't really pertain directly to Ubuntu per se, I don't know if this forum can really help you much there. But I'd encourage you to research HOW to properly Google things, there's a bit of an art to it.

Good luck.

lisati
February 21st, 2012, 01:21 AM
Thread moved to The Community Cafe.

If it's IP or addresses you're interested in checking, there's places like http://blacklistalert.org and http://debouncer.com that might be able to offer some assistance.

Old_Grey_Wolf
February 21st, 2012, 02:02 AM
....you may consider using Google. Seriously. That may sound like I'm being flip but I'm not....

I agree for background checks, and you don't need the person's real identity for some purposes. For example, if someone sends me a PM, I may Google the on-line identity of the person before sending a response.

Just for fun, I Googled one of the previous posters in this thread and found the same on-line identity on Blogger.com, computersupportforums.com, ubuntulinuxgethelp.com, and gentoo.org. Hmm, considering the topics of those sites, it may be the same person. I can't be sure; however, with some of the background check sites I can't be sure they got it correct either.

If I Google on my on-line identity, I get hits for other Linux forums I actually post in. However, if I Google on my real first and last name I get all sort of things; however, none of them are me. According to those Google results, I am rich, and I am in international goods smuggler.
:lolflag:

If you did a background check one me, and had my real name and my social security number, all you would get is my credit score, my address, and my phone number. I know because I have background checks run on me when applying for jobs.

I wonder why potential employers ask for you Facebook id, LinkedIn id, etc., these days. :)

lisati
February 21st, 2012, 02:28 AM
I recently Googled my real name and found out that I have a namesake who is a psychiatrist.

zer010
February 21st, 2012, 02:35 AM
The only handle that I use that bears google results would be this one, and where does it point...? Here, of course! :p

Ms. Daisy
February 21st, 2012, 02:36 AM
@ lisati: He should talk to the chick with my real name. She wrote a book about her disturbed childhood.

Old_Grey_Wolf
February 21st, 2012, 02:50 AM
@ lisati: He should talk to the chick with my real name. She wrote a book about her disturbed childhood.

LOL. If I search for your on-line identity I have to use Google search terms; such as, "ms daisy" + linux OR ubuntu just to narrow it down to someone that may be you. If I search on just ms daisy, I get all sorts of stuff.

As you said, when using Google, or any other search engine, you really need to learn about the advanced search functions.

Old_Grey_Wolf
February 21st, 2012, 03:03 AM
Right now I'm just waiting on the original poster to clarify what type of site they are looking for. I just assumed a Background check website.