PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Can't get Ubuntu 11.10 64bit OR 32bit to install.

PomPWNius
February 19th, 2012, 02:23 AM
I have been trying to install Ubuntu 11.10 on my new Lenovo laptop. The specs are
CPU - AMD A-8 3500M
GPU - AMD Radeon HD 6620G
4gb RAM
Currently on WIndows 7 64 bit (YUCK)
So I put the 32bit Ubuntu 11.10 onto a cd-r, and booted it. I got to the menu screen and hit Install. Screen eventually turned off, so I looked around on the internet and found I have to use the nomodeset option. I did, and it worked. Ubuntu installed and then it said something like "Installation successful, you must reboot now". So I did and the screen went to the grub menu. I hit the first option and the screen went all purple, then turned off again. So once again I looked around on the internet and found I have to edit the first option in the grub menu and change the "quit splash" to "nomodeset". So I did that and the screen said loading, please wait. I waited like a half hour and then everything dissapeared and the screen went black. The backlight stayed on though this time. What do I have to do? I have been dying to get ubuntu on this laptop, windows sucks so much.

overdrank
February 19th, 2012, 02:53 AM
Hi and welcome, please do not create multiple threads on the same issue. Duplicate here (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1927797).
Thread closed.