PDA

View Full Version : Windows -- Anxiety Seperation !

AGD
March 11th, 2005, 10:53 AM
Sitting here with my new ubuntu install wondering what to do with this new system slightly paniced to be honest! a bit of the ' no windows ' jitters i think :-& any suggestions to take the edge off?

bored2k
March 11th, 2005, 10:55 AM
Sitting here with my new ubuntu install wondering what to do with this new system slightly paniced to be honest! a bit of the ' no windows ' jitters i think :-& any suggestions to take the edge off?
Welcome to the Forums.

Applications Gallore
http://ubuntuguide.org/#add-onapplications

Your first tweak.
http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=3713

Slapdash
March 11th, 2005, 11:08 AM

LOL Welcome to Linux.

Persevere a bit and you will come to love your new OS.
it's just different not difficult ;)
Can I coin that phrase? :mrgreen:

jayded
March 11th, 2005, 11:21 AM
Good way to put it.

Welcome and hang in there, once you have spent some time getting used it you will never want to use another OS.

:D

LOL Welcome to Linux.

Persevere a bit and you will come to love your new OS.
it's just different not difficult ;)
Can I coin that phrase? :mrgreen:

machiner
March 11th, 2005, 04:58 PM
Just do what I always do -- start breaking stuff.

Passes the time.

jdodson
March 11th, 2005, 06:05 PM
i had the jitters for months after my switch. i don't know why but i would just think, maybe i should just install XP, you know it would make things easier. the more i thought about it the more i realized that somehow my brain thought i would not be complete without windows. maybe it is because i have used it for many many years? maybe i bought the fud? anyways, not getting over the jitters is what brought some of my friends back to microsoft. well that and a really bad switch over path.

anyways, rock on and welcome to the community.