PDA

View Full Version : A Place for Thinking About the Universe

MONODA
February 18th, 2012, 05:31 AM
Hey guys! So a friend of mine and I have been working on setting up this website for some time now. The idea is that it will give people the opportunity to share and discuss thoughts and ideas of scientific, mathematical or pretty much anything else relating to the universe we inhabit.

There is a "Problems" section meant to stimulate thinking about physical phenomena (with proposed solutions and variations in the Talk page), as well as an "Ideas" section to discuss those physical phenomena. There's also a "Links" section for sharing interesting info.

Anyway, the site is called Turtleneck Hub but it has yet to be registered under a domain name! So here's the IP address you can access in the meantime:

http://129.116.21.94/

PS The name comes from Carl Sagan's favorite article of clothing
PPS Any feedback would be much appreciated!
PPPS Its a wiki so feel free to edit and add new info!

ServL
February 18th, 2012, 06:06 AM
We need more websites like this in the world. If only these sort of things were as popular as haha-lolz-funny-kitten-videos-and-fails.com, I would hold out some hope for the human race. Good luck!

MONODA
February 18th, 2012, 06:11 AM
Thanks! I really appreciate it! I don't really have high hopes, especially considering I don't think ill be registering a domain name soon.

We basically started this site because it's something we'd both been looking for a place for sharing ideas and for mental stimulation.

I hope you look through the problems page!