PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] gconftool-2 commands don't work in Oneiric, What does?

Dreamer Fithp Apprentice
February 17th, 2012, 04:48 AM
I have used launchers pointing to scripts containing gconftool-2 commands like "gconftool-2 --set /apps/nautilus/preferences/desktop_font --type string "Sans 20"" to change several fonts between default values for dealing with poorly written aps that don't take font settings into account and twice default values for normal use. These commands do not seem to do anything in Oneiric. Is it still possible to change fonts through commands and if so how do I figure out what they are?

I also used to have some similar scripts for changing elements of themes, like the placement and appearance of control buttons on title bars of windows and colors of this and that and so on but somewhere along the line I must have lost them to the black hole of a Seagate hard drive. I would like to recreate them if I can. Has that too changed? Is it still possible?

Dreamer Fithp Apprentice
February 17th, 2012, 06:25 AM
Nevermind. I found it. For anyone interested the new commands are about midway down the page here:
http://askubuntu.com/questions/19770/how-do-i-change-fonts-and-adjust-their-size

On the second question about changing theme elements by command, I still need that, if anyone reading this happens to know. But since that was more or less a BTW aside and not alluded to in the thread title I'm going to mark this solved. If I don't find it I'll start another thread later.