PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] USB Mouse Problems

tsuujin
February 16th, 2012, 05:38 PM
I've been having this issue for a long time without being able to resolve it, and I would really appreciate some help on the issue.

I have a Samsung RF510 laptop, which features an evdev trackpad. The trackpad works fine, but on linux the pressure detection is way too sensitive and leads me to constantly click the mouse while I'm coding. I want to use a USB mouse to override the trackpad but I'm having the following problem preventing it.

When I plug in the USB mouse I see the trackpad disable successfully, and the mouse appears to work. However, it only works for the currently focused window. Example:
If I go to the unity menu... the mouse won't work on it.
If I bring up another window on top of the current window and try to click on it, the mouse clicks go "through" the top window and click on the window that was in focus when I plugged the mouse in.
If I start from the desktop only I can open windows... but the first time I close a window (or after some random amount of time) the mouse will no longer work on anything.

This obviously makes the mouse entirely useless. I have no idea what would cause this. Anyone who can help, please do! I'll provide any information needed.

gordintoronto
February 16th, 2012, 09:55 PM
How about if you plug in the mouse before you turn the computer on?

tsuujin
February 19th, 2012, 03:36 AM
seems to work up to the topmost window level where I begin to close windows, and then after I close that top window the mouse is totally broken.

gordintoronto
February 20th, 2012, 01:39 AM
Sorry, I understand each of the words in your message, but I can't figure out what you are saying.