PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] cnn video issues

DarinB
February 16th, 2012, 01:55 PM
I am running lucid and Firefox 10.0.1 it is only recent before the 10.0.1 upgrade the cnn video is in the normal window but it appears enlarged out of focus and only visualizing a corner of the picture like the top of someone's head. it is very odd I can't seem to figure out what would cause this abnormality....any idea is it on my end or theirs, but I can't seem to find this problem being mentioned online.

Frogs Hair
February 16th, 2012, 03:17 PM
If you are writing about this cnn the videos look good to me . I am using the latest flash player installed with Flash Aid . i don't know if having Lucid would have anything to do with the problem .

DarinB
February 17th, 2012, 02:34 AM
what is flash aid? the problem started when i got an auto upgrade from firefox 3 to 9???

drmrgd
February 17th, 2012, 02:58 AM
what is flash aid? the problem started when i got an auto upgrade from firefox 3 to 9???

Have a look here:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1491268

This is an excellent tool that will configure Flash for your system and usually works out a lot of the problems with running Flash videos in Ubuntu. The tool is a plugin for Firefox, but will also work for Google-Chrome if you choose to run that in future.

DarinB
February 20th, 2012, 02:02 PM
I figured it out. The reason no one posts on it because it is only for those that have poor vision and use the ctrl with the plus or minus to zoom the web page. I use that at almost the maximum zoom. with the 10.xxx versions of firefox. the zoom messes up the video link and causes the video to get distorted. it does not happen on msnbc hulu or anything else so far only cnn. just another pain in the neck thing to have to remember to do is zoom out before I click a video on cnn.
thank you and I hope this helps some one else