PDA

View Full Version : [lubuntu] Title bar disappears suddenly when Compiz is enabled

NewUserFF
February 16th, 2012, 01:22 PM
I am running Lubuntu 11.10, today i installed compiz, when i tried to run compiz using the command compiz --replace, the title bar and the taskbar disappeared. after studying it for a while, i found it may have some connection with window decoration( i have picked it in the ccms), when i try to start window decoration in the command line ,i can find some information like: Window manager warning: Failed to load theme "Ambiance": Failed to find a valid file for theme Ambiance, it seems that the theme "Ambiance" isnt compatible with Window Decoration. i tried various themes, but nothing helps. Such information again. Can any one give a hand to me? any help appreciated.;)

NewUserFF
February 16th, 2012, 02:14 PM
just now i found that, when i checked on the Animations Add-on, my lubuntu will crash, its the funtion that cause the problem. but why? any help? thx a lot !

NewUserFF
February 17th, 2012, 05:31 AM
some animations adds-on caused the problems, close the crash animation, then everything is ok.

Rodney9
February 17th, 2012, 07:21 AM
I don't use compiz, but this might help you -

(Solved)How to enable compositing in Lubuntu. (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1856701)

For How-To's, Information and Screen-Casts on Lubuntu go to the
Lubuntu One Stop Thread -

Lubuntu One Stop Thread (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1844755)

Rodney

mcduck
February 17th, 2012, 09:54 AM
I am running Lubuntu 11.10, today i installed compiz, when i tried to run compiz using the command compiz --replace, the title bar and the taskbar disappeared. after studying it for a while, i found it may have some connection with window decoration( i have picked it in the ccms), when i try to start window decoration in the command line ,i can find some information like: Window manager warning: Failed to load theme "Ambiance": Failed to find a valid file for theme Ambiance, it seems that the theme "Ambiance" isnt compatible with Window Decoration. i tried various themes, but nothing helps. Such information again. Can any one give a hand to me? any help appreciated.;)

Ambiance theme sure is compatible with Compiz, the question here is do you actually have the Ambiance Metacity theme installed (since you are using Lubuntu, which doesn't use Metacity by default)? And also you'll probably have to do something to help Compiz find the theme, as it would normally pick the theme to use from Gnome's configurations...