PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Acer Aspire SD SSD

ericus
February 15th, 2012, 01:19 AM
Hi, I'm thinking of buying a new computer since my netbook has crashed. It was a EEE PC 1005HA, and everything worked out of the box.

I've looked into the Zenbook UX31, but there seems to be a lot of problems with that one with Ubuntu.

So, I figured that the Acer Aspire S3 SSD might be an option? I've tried to google it, but with few results. Is it working out of the box with Ubuntu? Anyone with experience with this ultrabook?

ahallubuntu
February 15th, 2012, 01:29 AM
I booted Ubuntu 10.10 off a USB stick on an Acer Aspire S3 recently at a Costco. A few things did NOT work out of the box but it mostly did - and this was an old version of Ubuntu. I'm guessing the 11.10 version would work better. I was actually surprised such an old version of Ubuntu booted at all.

ericus
February 15th, 2012, 01:39 AM
I booted Ubuntu 10.10 off a USB stick on an Acer Aspire S3 recently at a Costco. A few things did NOT work out of the box but it mostly did - and this was an old version of Ubuntu. I'm guessing the 11.10 version would work better. I was actually surprised such an old version of Ubuntu booted at all.

What did not work?

ericus
February 15th, 2012, 05:12 PM
Anyone else?