PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Libre Office Icons missing after update

smilingfrog
February 15th, 2012, 12:13 AM
Hi,
This is more an FYI. I searched pretty hard for anyone else having this problem, but I couldn't find evidence of it.

I updated my kernel to 2.6.32-38, and after that I noticed that all my libreoffice icons had been replaced with text. Even going to the Tools>Customize>Toolbars all the icons were missing.

For whatever reason, the system deleted the icons during the update. This was fixed by running

sudo apt-get install libreoffice-gnome
which re-installs the base interface (including icons) for libreoffice to run on gnome. No need to reinstall everything.

Problem is now fixed for me. I hope that if anyone else loses their icons this post may help them.

ABitTooSpicy
August 10th, 2012, 02:28 PM
I am having the same issue and I tried the command however it didn't work... =(

I am using 11.10 and just upgraded from Libre 3.4 to 3.5 and lost all the icons, they all turned into plain text.

Here is the message I get when I run the command:

username@computername:~$ sudo apt-get install libreoffice-gnome
[sudo] password for username:
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
libreoffice-gnome is already the newest version.
The following package was automatically installed and is no longer required:
libreoffice-l10n-common
Use 'apt-get autoremove' to remove them.
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 69 not upgraded.
N: Ignoring file '50unattended-upgrades.distrib' in directory '/etc/apt/apt.conf.d/' as it has an invalid filename extension

Any ideas what I should try next?

I've been Ubuntu for a couple of releases but still a newbie anytime I run into issues...

Hi,
This is more an FYI. I searched pretty hard for anyone else having this problem, but I couldn't find evidence of it.

I updated my kernel to 2.6.32-38, and after that I noticed that all my libreoffice icons had been replaced with text. Even going to the Tools>Customize>Toolbars all the icons were missing.

For whatever reason, the system deleted the icons during the update. This was fixed by running

sudo apt-get install libreoffice-gnome
which re-installs the base interface (including icons) for libreoffice to run on gnome. No need to reinstall everything.

Problem is now fixed for me. I hope that if anyone else loses their icons this post may help them.

SENSHES
September 4th, 2012, 09:12 AM
Hi,

FYI - I run into the same issue (Xubuntu 12.04 32bit, LibreOffice 3.5.4). My solution: Switch to another symbol style in the option menu, for example from 'tango' to 'oxygen'.
By simply doing that all my icons suddenly appeared :-)

BTW: If there is no choice available install a second symbol style. And if you like your original style most simply switch back. Hope this hint will save some time for somebody else.

Regards,
Ulrich