PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Ubuntu Virtual Desktop Space Help

despuit
February 15th, 2012, 12:08 AM
Hello @all,

I am currently experiencing difficulties identifying the source files for the virtual desktop space provided by Ubunutu in previous installations on my Windows machine which I have re-written most of the core files so it is primarily oracle based I was able to edit a few .dll' and xml files to achieve what I wanted after implementation of VDS and I was wondering once identifying the files on Ubuntu if I could achieve the same thing. Below is an outline of my project:

Reconfigure the virtual desktop space so it is a reference to remote desktop procedure eg. by clicking desktop 1 it is 192.0.0.2 but desktop 2 instead of being a clone of desktop 1 running "separate" applications it is actually remotely accessing server 192.168.0.3 and then VDS3 is .4 and VDS4 is .5 ETC.

Note: this will be IP based but instead of using protocol 3389 or 7000 it may also go across 443 or some other port depending on the functionality of the server and how it can be accessed based on the os as some are strictly web based or terminal based (program on other end replicates a session so it allows the session to be loaded via remote desktop [custom port])

I am noting the above as I have had complications with certain OS and how they respond to connecting to certain server.

Additionally while I am posting this I was wondering if it was possible to configure unlimited number of these spaces or what the limit would be on the os.(Realistically as you can hypothetically configure your PC to do anything but the question is will it work lol.)

Ubuntu V.11.10