PDA

View Full Version : Any AVR Programmers On here?

conradin
February 13th, 2012, 03:57 PM
I just started AVR programing with a friend of mine, Im just curious who is doing AVR programing on this forum.

MG&TL
February 14th, 2012, 02:48 PM
I just started AVR programing with a friend of mine, Im just curious who is doing AVR programing on this forum.

Well...I was, but I think my arduino's broken...

conradin
February 15th, 2012, 02:11 AM
Oh? What are the symptoms?

Simple Name
February 16th, 2012, 11:23 AM
I have only been working with ATmega MCUs for a few months now, but I guess that counts ? :)

sgtGarcia
February 16th, 2012, 05:16 PM
Heh... From time to time I make something on AVRs too :D But last work with them was like 6 months ago.

MG&TL
February 17th, 2012, 06:16 PM
Oh? What are the symptoms?

Well....nothing will upload, and a cryptic message from avrdude. The only hit on google was from somebody who had fried something along the way....<shrugs>

I was using it for split-second photography, as seen here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8_dAgaBBdI

which was quite cool, while it worked. :D

scu-ba-de-buntu
March 1st, 2012, 12:01 AM
I program AVRs.

ve4cib
March 1st, 2012, 02:29 AM
I've done some work with boards based on the ATmega169 and 128 CPUs. Never done a huge amount of it, but enough to know my way around the hardware to a certain extent.

L31N
March 22nd, 2012, 09:21 PM
i dont know but i have found a problem, that i canīt explain.
i used an atmega128 and an avrgcc-4.2.
i compiled some code and flashed it to the avr using avrdude.
now a lot of the code worked exactly like it should do,
but some of the code was not executed right.
then i have compiled the exact same code with the exact same compiler on an reinstallation of my ubuntu 10.10 ... then all the code was executed right.

so the problem is solved but i would really like to know how this problem could appearance.

if somebody have an idear i would be happy to know it ! thx =)

greetings L§!N

ve4cib
March 23rd, 2012, 05:49 AM
i compiled some code and flashed it to the avr using avrdude.
now a lot of the code worked exactly like it should do,
but some of the code was not executed right.
then i have compiled the exact same code with the exact same compiler on an reinstallation of my ubuntu 10.10 ... then all the code was executed right

Unless you can give us a better description of what happened, and maybe even a code snippet or two, I doubt there's much anyone can do to help you. Descriptions like "the code was not executed right" are pretty useless if you expect us to help you.