PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] 11.10 update error in update manager

pierreu1
February 13th, 2012, 02:18 AM
Failed to fetch http://ppa.launchpad.net/ubuntu-wine/ppa/ubuntu/pool/main/w/wine1.3/wine1.3_1.4~rc1-0ubuntu1~ppa1~oneiric1_i386.deb 404 Not Found

and I cannot carry on with all the other updates.

I have included more system info, if it is needed.

What do you suggest I do?

Thanks.

prantik
February 13th, 2012, 02:23 AM
me too is facing similar kind of problem. when i do the update, it does the job. but on the top, it is written that the package information is outdated. and when i check for new updates, it says "Unable to fetch cd rom 11.04". but i saw that it is checked in the repository in the package manager. what to do now?

plucky
February 13th, 2012, 11:24 AM
Failed to fetch http://ppa.launchpad.net/ubuntu-wine/ppa/ubuntu/pool/main/w/wine1.3/wine1.3_1.4~rc1-0ubuntu1~ppa1~oneiric1_i386.deb 404 Not Found

and I cannot carry on with all the other updates.

I have included more system info, if it is needed.

What do you suggest I do?

Thanks.

Disable the PPA in Software Sources as the .deb file it is trying to fetch is not listed on the server.

plucky
February 13th, 2012, 11:26 AM
me too is facing similar kind of problem. when i do the update, it does the job. but on the top, it is written that the package information is outdated. and when i check for new updates, it says "Unable to fetch cd rom 11.04". but i saw that it is checked in the repository in the package manager. what to do now?

Please do not try to hijack another persons thread.It is best to open your own thread so that you can mark it as solved when you have solved it.

To fix your problem,open Software Sources and disable the CDrom as a source.

Good Luck

Old_Grey_Wolf
February 14th, 2012, 01:42 AM

Usually, PPA packages are removed after the improvements are included in the distro repositories. After removing the PPA as plucky said, in a terminal run these commands
sudo apt-get update

sudo apt-get upgrade

If you get errors from those commands; then, post them back here.

Old_Grey_Wolf
February 14th, 2012, 01:43 AM

As plucky said, un-check the Cdrom in the package manager.

Then in a terminal run these commands
sudo apt-get update

sudo apt-get upgrade

If you get errors from those commands; then, post them back here.

pierreu1
February 14th, 2012, 03:21 AM
SOLVED when I deleted a program that was giving me an error message whenever it would be backing up a folder I set to be backed up. I thought i would remove the program. The program WAS deja-dup 20.1-0ubuntu0.2 ... Not sure if the 2 events are related! WINE and all my updates updated no problem after that! Strange!

pierreu1
February 14th, 2012, 03:22 AM
Disable the PPA in Software Sources as the .deb file it is trying to fetch is not listed on the server.

Thanks for the help!