PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Disappearing cascade menus from top bar's icons (double screen)

gbernardi
February 11th, 2012, 08:25 AM
Hello everybody.
I've been using this forum intensively since I've installed Ubuntu 10.10 (oneiric) a few weeks ago. However, I couldn't find any link to something close to the problem I'm experiencing at the moment.

When working with my Laptop (screen resolution 1366x768 ), I also have a second screen plugged in (a Dell 17" with resolution 1280x1024).
The two screens "share" the same top position (meaning that the 17" ends lower than the laptop screen) and both have the top bar (working independently).

My problem is that when I click on an entry of the top bar menu in the laptop screen, the menus correctly pop up, but they're not persistent, i.e. they disappear as soon as I stop holding the mouse button down (if I keep the button pressed and I release it when the mouse cursor is on an entry of one of the menu, i open the mentioned option).

The top bar on the second screen works fine. And it also works fine by using the laptop without the additional screen plugged.

I hope someone can help me fixing this somehow annoying (to me at least :D) problem.

Cheers

gbernardi
February 16th, 2012, 06:05 AM
Hello everybody.
I've been using this forum intensively since I've installed Ubuntu 10.10 (oneiric) a few weeks ago. However, I couldn't find any link to something close to the problem I'm experiencing at the moment.

When working with my Laptop (screen resolution 1366x768 ), I also have a second screen plugged in (a Dell 17" with resolution 1280x1024).
The two screens "share" the same top position (meaning that the 17" ends lower than the laptop screen) and both have the top bar (working independently).

My problem is that when I click on an entry of the top bar menu in the laptop screen, the menus correctly pop up, but they're not persistent, i.e. they disappear as soon as I stop holding the mouse button down (if I keep the button pressed and I release it when the mouse cursor is on an entry of one of the menu, i open the mentioned option).

The top bar on the second screen works fine. And it also works fine by using the laptop without the additional screen plugged.

I hope someone can help me fixing this somehow annoying (to me at least :D) problem.

Cheers

No one? :(