PDA

View Full Version : Where did my Howto go?

aktiwers
June 8th, 2006, 09:14 PM
I just spend some time trying to explain howto install Windows Vista Beta 2 gets installed using a .iso file, without burning the file to a DVD.

But when I submit it, I dont see it anywhere?

This is my first howto btw.

Anyone knows why it doesnt show up? Does mods have to verify it?

christhemonkey
June 8th, 2006, 09:16 PM
Yes. Just to check it is a howto, and not some request for assistance.

aktiwers
June 8th, 2006, 09:18 PM
Where do I do that?
I just made the topic under HOWTO's Tips And Trick's

christhemonkey
June 8th, 2006, 09:19 PM
They check it automatically, dont worry.
Your howto has not been forgotten.

It will just take a day (or a few hours) for a mod to read it through to check its ok.

aktiwers
June 8th, 2006, 09:25 PM
But now I want to edit something in it? And have done so.

Can I submit it again?

christhemonkey
June 8th, 2006, 09:26 PM
I think once its in, its in.

Though i may be makin this up a little...(havin never made a howto...)

xXx 0wn3d xXx
June 8th, 2006, 10:24 PM
You can edit it once it is posted in the Howto section. A Moderator must first approve your howto. If they do it will appear under the howto section.

aktiwers
June 8th, 2006, 11:18 PM
Okey thanks!

How will I know if its ok? And if it will be accepted? And how long does it usually take?

Sorry for all the questions :)

xXx 0wn3d xXx
June 8th, 2006, 11:31 PM
Okey thanks!

How will I know if its ok? And if it will be accepted? And how long does it usually take?

It will be fine and it should be accepted as most tutorials are. It usually takes 1 hour to 10 hours. About 2 days ago, I wrote two howtos on on Aliases and on on how to make ubuntu perform better. My first was accepted after about 25 minutes and my seconds was approved after about 35 minutes. The time can vary on how many moderators are online because they need to moderate the forums all the time as well as read over and accept tutorials.

tseliot
June 9th, 2006, 12:10 AM
Okey thanks!

I have approved it and I have removed the 2 duplicates you posted.

Didn't you read this? It's in the HOWTO's section:

Please read before posting a HOWTO/FAQ
You will notice a prefix next to each thread this prefix is used to tell you what the thread is related to for example KDE, GNOME or just a General FAQ/HOWTO. For users posting a new thread it will be approved by a moderator to ensure we only get related information in this area. Your post might not show up right away.

Information on posting your HOWTO/FAQ to the Ubuntu Wiki
We encourage users who post a howto or faq on the forums to also include this on the ubuntu wiki documentation site. Below is information on doing so.

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=81999

aktiwers
June 9th, 2006, 12:42 AM
Thanks, I somehow missed that? Even though I looked for it :-k

Well thanks.. hope it will be useful for someone, even though after using Vista the must of the day, Im thinking about deleting the ****.. It looks real nice, but so fare its pretty much sucks.. Pop-up after Pop-up.. "Are you sure!!!" Arghh! ](*,)

Anyways, heres the link ;)
http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=1113478#post1113478