PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] filesystem.squashfs error

Tillman32
February 10th, 2012, 04:51 AM
Long story short:

On my desktop, I booted into the 10.10 live CD about 5 times, in a row, just fine. Reason I was booting over and over again, is because it wouldn't detect my HDD's in RAID, or my SSD. So naturally, trouble shooting that, I tried different bios settings.

After reading online, I figured I would try the alternate 11.10 install. It could detect my hard drives just fine, but once trying to install, I would get an error about halfway through the install, saying it failed. After trying to install on different partitions/drives, I put the 11.10 CD in 1 more time, and it froze up. It wouldn't boot.

So, I booted into my Windows Partition, and formatted the drives, completely... thinking it was some problem with a half installed OS.

Now when I try ANY CD... 11.10 Alternate, 11.04 live, 10.10 live... I get this error:

(initramfs) Can not mount /dev/loop0 (/cdrom/casper/filesystem.squashfs) on //filesystem.squashfs

I've read a few people on this forum with this error, but the thing Is I know my CD works, as I have been using it, and I have installed from it before. ( The 10.10 and 11.04 )

I have verified the 10.10 works in another computer... I'm not sure what the problem is?

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

RevShowStopper
February 10th, 2012, 11:00 AM
I seem to be having the same problem now myself. I've heard that it could be a problem with the Optical Drive.