PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Help! Erased a USB-hdd with Startup disk...

Azyx
February 10th, 2012, 02:04 AM
..creator!
Directly it said, that there was not enought space...so the installation did'nt start. It was a big 1.5TB disk with one FAT-partiton, a Freecom. My intension was to create a disk on another USB-memory.
How can I restore the disk, the installation was not started, so the data are there. It was very stupid and I know that when you try to erease the disk and not the partition in startup disk creator, you get that kind of error.

I find this on internet:
http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/TestDisk 'Testdisk'
In synaptic
And a plication called 'ide' in synaptic (10.04LTS. it says it can fix erased files, in ext2, msdos, but I probaly erast'ed the patition (trie to install on the disk, not the partition.

Another i a aplication called 'partitionmanager'. It say it can create a partition for FAT 32, but arent so big disks 1,5TB, something called FAT EXT or something simular?

Anorter one is 'Mondo'

Or does anyone experiens and tip of any other rescue-tool

Happy for any help. I really want to restore the files. A lot of photo, musik and things I don't have fully backed up.

/Cheers

wolfen69
February 10th, 2012, 02:59 AM
I've used magicrescue with success.

Azyx
February 10th, 2012, 03:41 PM
I've used magicrescue with success.

Was it after delete of a partition? I have don't understand the -d. It wan't a directory for files, but i wan't to restore the partition, don't have any place to put the files...