PDA

View Full Version : [xubuntu] Jetway motherboard video issues in xubuntu 11.10

itsadante
February 9th, 2012, 09:53 AM
it's a bit tricky to explain what's going on as i'm honestly not entirely sure what the problem is. the only two problems i'm (visibly) having is 1) xubuntu (and ubuntu) don't want to load on my new jetway motherboard and 2) when it does load, the screen is split in half (sorta).

details for part 1: when i try to boot from a live cd, i get the gfxboot error and i have to use the help command to boot.

details for part 2: the top half of the screen is mostly on the bottom of my tv and i have a nice middle chunk rendering on the top half with a black band in between the two.

tv is fully functional- i can watch regular tv on it without a problem. i've also been trying to install windows 7 onto a hard drive with this MB and considering not even windows is showing up correctly on my screen, i think it's an issue with the graphics chip on the board, but i'm not entirely sure.

would anyone have some advice or ideas on what's going on/how to fix it?

MB model is I61M2

Linux Dutchman
February 9th, 2012, 10:44 AM
Sounds like a videocard issue to me. What kind of videocard you have? Onboard or a PCI-e videocard?? Please provide us with more info of your system.

itsadante
February 9th, 2012, 03:25 PM
it's a video chip on the mb. a drivers disk came with the mb but as I'm using a live disk I kinda can't load it( if it has Linux drivers in it at all).