PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Nonmaximized windows should have names

alkatraz
February 8th, 2012, 07:22 PM
I think maximized windows in Unity should have title bars and names when previewed via the app's icon in the launcher. In my work I often use multiply windows of the same program for various reasons. Now when I click on the app in the launcher there are previews but all of the windows don't have titlebars and names. It's really unproductive because when I'm editing sound files with Audacity for example It's very hard to find the exact window of the sound effect or file I'm looking for. It's the same with the Libre Office documents in preview mode they don't have titles so it's very frustrating. So I think that it's a must have function for Unity. The solution I'm thinking of is that apps with many maximized windows should have title-bars or some kind of labels to handle the names of the files open when previewed with a mouse click on the apps icon in the launcher.

Edit:
I've noticed another thing that is very ... well I'll use the word nonproductive again, but it's just that. When you switch between windows they rearrange their order and finding the one you was using just the switc is again very hard.

Edit2:
I've made a big mistake when I've first post the thread. I meant maximized not non-maximized windows.

P.s.
Sorry for the bad English, but my language is Bulgarian :)