PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Install of 2.5.1 joomla. failed.

jamstir
February 8th, 2012, 03:08 AM
Hi guys, anyone tried to install the new Joomla?? 2.5.1 i have tried a dew idea,s and got stuck.

seems to be saved some where.
jam@jam-desktop:~$ `joomal_2.5.1-stable-Full_Package.zip' saved [8694]
>

Before i got to this i cd /etc/apache2/
sudo cp sites-available/default sites-available/joomla

sudo a2ensite joomla
sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 restart

mysql -u root -p

create database joomla;

CREATE USER 'joomla'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY 'xxxxx, [my pass...]

.grant all privileges on joomla.* to joomla@localhost;

All went fine till this..

wget joomlacode.org/gf/download/frsrelease/15900/68956/Joomla_1.7.2-Stable-Full_Package.zip
sudo mkdir joomla
sudo unzip Joomla_1.7.2-Stable-Full_Package.zip -d /var/www/joomla

I left out the /15900/68956 and changed 1.7.2 with 2.5.1.

I got a warning to say short html
then this..

seems to be saved some where.
jam@jam-desktop:~$ `joomal_2.5.1-stable-Full_Package.zip' saved [8694]

I have tried to unzip, but cant be found, i tried everywhere i know of to try and get it.. i cant understand if i have it saved where it is, or what command i should give.. and there,s not a clear install for this release yet.
Sudo tells me there,s a file in the var/www/joomla i went to that location and i not see one, only var/www with no file in it bar a php test page i set in.

Anyone help.. :(

Rodney9
February 8th, 2012, 04:41 AM
http://www.upubuntu.com/2011/11/how-to-install-joomla-17x-on-ubuntu.html

This site is for version 1.7 but you could try it replacing 1.7 wherever for 2.5.

Rodney

jamstir
February 8th, 2012, 03:19 PM
I tried that, replaces the numbers with the new 2.5.1, i have the joomla on desktop and extract from there, i have set up apache mysql, and turned of buffer in php.
I have tried a few commands to get joomla to install, i have tried putting the folder into www/ and installing.. nothing seems to kick it. I think i might have to install it manually.

Might move on and try to install Codelgniter 2.1.0, what am trying to do is set up a complete web site,s building programs.

using.. frameworks... codelgnitor. Template engine, Dwoo And content manager being wordpress and joomla.