PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] 11.04 strange graphical instance

Markg55
February 8th, 2012, 02:57 AM
After installing Ubuntu 11.04 I decided to use Xfce environment due to hardware constraints (Tosh p4 2.2 GHZ w\ 512 ram Laptop). At first my screen was dim as if it was on battery. Nope, power plug was in, no problem there. It was fine in Ubuntu proper. After I ran the software upgrade in administration everything is fine now. I have been trying a few different distros, versions and releases and decided this seems to perk along quite nicely. Maybe I should fork over $30 to $40 and upgrade the ram to a GiIG . Afterall time is money.

MAFoElffen
February 8th, 2012, 04:29 AM
After installing Ubuntu 11.04 I decided to use Xfce environment due to hardware constraints (Tosh p4 2.2 GHZ w\ 512 ram Laptop). At first my screen was dim as if it was on battery. Nope, power plug was in, no problem there. It was fine in Ubuntu proper. After I ran the software upgrade in administration everything is fine now. I have been trying a few different distros, versions and releases and decided this seems to perk along quite nicely. Maybe I should fork over $30 to $40 and upgrade the ram to a GiIG . Afterall time is money.
So this seems to be solved in your first Post? If so, Please use the thread tools and mark this as Solved.