PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Updated now my wifi and mozilla and firefox arn't working right

bikewrecker
February 8th, 2012, 12:44 AM
Hi all. I did my sudo apt-get update // sudo apt-get upgrade yesterday and it completly messed up my ubuntu partition.

When I tired to log in it would accept my password, the screen would go blank for about 2 seconds then it would show me the login screen again. After I spent the better part of 2 days working on this issue I had to " sudo aptitude remove lightdm." Now I'm able to login but a bunch of things are now not working right.

When I click on mozilla it doesn't open. When I type in a command in the terminal I get about 400 blank lines then the last part of the output I should have recieved. Also some normal commands like "cd" don't work now. I copied some of the output:
[EDIT]unfortunatelyit doesnt copy from ubuntu to windows very well.... Anyways it has like 426 blank lines then shows the last 30 or so lines of the output i asked for... [EDIT]

"cd" works if I don't need root privileges or if I do a "sudo -i" first and don't need to type "sudo." .. weird w/e.

Any help you can give me would be very much appreciated!

bikewrecker
February 8th, 2012, 06:53 PM
Ok scratch that.. I didn't fix it by uninstalling. Now my computer wont boot up in ubuntu at all. I tried running my computer from the ubuntu live cd but it gets hung up on the "try ubuntu" or "install ubuntu" part. I click the try part and it sits there forever. I can crtl-alt-f6 and get to a ubuntu@ubuntu$ terminal but idk if I can do anything from there. Also I just moved so idk if ubuntu is picking up my wifi as well as it should be.