PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Error message during Installation

SHINRA SOLDIER
February 7th, 2012, 08:12 PM
Hey guys, looking for some help. I keep getting an error message during installation using Wubi. Installation gets so far then I get an error message saying "Permission Denied". Ive tried running it as an administrator but same result.

Any ideas please?

Rafterman414
February 7th, 2012, 08:17 PM
This has been posted in the forums before. Try downloading the wubi installer and the Ubuntu iso that you would like and put both of those in the same directory. Then when you run the wubi.exe installer it should use the iso you downloaded as the installation source. Some people have experienced success with this after getting the permission denied error.

bcbc
February 7th, 2012, 08:24 PM
+1 regarding installing with separate ISO. This is generally the best method.

Also check bug 862003. This has been fairly common and is a false error message on a successful install.

But if you need help you have to post your log file because wubi messages don't generally tell enough of the story. Look in the %temp% directory for the log file (wubi-nn.nn-revnnn.log)

SHINRA SOLDIER
February 7th, 2012, 08:24 PM
This has been posted in the forums before. Try downloading the wubi installer and the Ubuntu iso that you would like and put both of those in the same directory. Then when you run the wubi.exe installer it should use the iso you downloaded as the installation source. Some people have experienced success with this after getting the permission denied error.
hi thanks for your reply I'll give that a go. apologies for the repeat post.

Rafterman414
February 7th, 2012, 08:32 PM
Good luck, I have never actually used wubi but I have read some posts where using the iso fixed the issue. I am not sure what causes it I am guessing something with the wubi installer not being able to access the directory where the temporary install files are located.

SHINRA SOLDIER
February 7th, 2012, 10:42 PM
Good luck, I have never actually used wubi but I have read some posts where using the iso fixed the issue. I am not sure what causes it I am guessing something with the wubi installer not being able to access the directory where the temporary install files are located.

worked like a charm, thanks for your help mate! this has been wrecking my head for a while.

Thanks again

Rafterman414
February 8th, 2012, 03:59 AM
Glad to hear it worked. Don't forget to mark the thread as solved.