PDA

View Full Version : How many of you have completely delete windows?

whiterabbit23
February 6th, 2012, 04:37 PM
I want to erase Windows but unfortunately, I'm still a gamer at heart.

philinux
February 6th, 2012, 04:44 PM

My desktop pc I bought in 2008 at a local system builder came with no OS.

The netbook, acer 1410, I got last year came with 64 bit win 7 Home premium.

It was one of those open box purchases. It had a been a display model and I got a bargain. I keep win 7, dual booted, on it to get the SkyGo service.

aasdfasdfg
February 6th, 2012, 04:53 PM
I completely deleted Windows from my hard drive on my main computer. On my netbook, I kept Windows and use a dual boot. My only computer to have never been "contaminated" is the one I built, which obviously did not come preloaded with Windows. In terms of games, you still have some options with Wine.

Mikeb85
February 6th, 2012, 05:44 PM
I did, but then I got an Android phone, so the computer never got used. Then the girlfriend wanted iTunes back, I wanted to play some games again, so I deleted Ubuntu (but still have Ubuntu One), and installed Windows 8 developer preview - which to my surprise is already very solid (minus the Metro nonsense).

johnnybgoode83
February 6th, 2012, 05:54 PM
I just use Windows for a couple of games and Netflix. For everything else there's Ubuntu.

donkyhotay
February 6th, 2012, 06:07 PM
All my systems are some form of linux (mostly ubuntu).

doobrie
February 6th, 2012, 06:09 PM
I keep Windows on my laptop purely because I didn't get any Windows installation disks with it. The laptop always boots into Ubuntu.

tuxmarc
February 6th, 2012, 06:30 PM
Hi !
I did better than eliminating windows :lolflag:
All the used hard disks I bought have been quickly formated to something infinitely better, like ext2, 3, 4.
The first computer I bought had no system on it and guess what you can find on it ;)
I was given two computers and very quickly the sick OS has been replaced with a penguin.
My last acquisition, a laptop was empty.
It took a long time to find a laptop with nothing inside and I am very happy :P

Linuxratty
February 6th, 2012, 07:31 PM
2004 I started running Linux and duel booted for awhile,gave up on that and just went to Linux..I really don't miss Windows.

Fedz
February 6th, 2012, 11:42 PM
Desktop has 2 hard drives 1 main boot is Ubuntu the 2nd drive has WinXP but, extremely rarely boot into it as Ubuntu is default boot os :)

peter d
February 7th, 2012, 12:04 AM
I never had Windows on my desktop - I installed Ubuntu (8.04) on it when I built it. It's running 10.04 now.

My laptop had Windows replaced after about two days - all the bloatware wore me down.

My wife's laptop dual boots but Windows (Vista) is never used. Both laptops run 11.10.

Hooray for Ubuntu!

yetiman64
February 7th, 2012, 12:25 AM
Check out this (still active) thread for your answer OP. http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=6894