PDA

View Full Version : Eclipse Galileo

leg
February 5th, 2012, 05:33 PM
I have just started getting errors with Android which say I need at least ADT 14.0.0 and asking me to update. I then try to update the plugin and it fails stating that I need 'org.eclipse.core.runtime 3.6.0'

I have installed Galileo which is 3.5 through Synaptic and I want to ask if there is a way to update the version I have or if my only option is to install a newer version elsewhere?

r-senior
February 5th, 2012, 06:47 PM
You can just download Indigo from Eclipse:

http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/packages/release/indigo/r

Unpack it under your home directory, e.g. under ~/Software and you are ready to go (assuming you already have a JDK installed). Just run the 'eclipse' executable.

Create a .desktop file in ~/.local/share/applications if you want it to appear as an application shortcut.

leg
February 6th, 2012, 10:16 AM
Yes I have done that I was just wondering if it was possible to update the original. I assume not as the versions are specific to Ubuntu release. I haven't upgraded from 11.04 yet.

Thanks for replying.

doobrie
February 6th, 2012, 10:36 AM
Yes I have done that I was just wondering if it was possible to update the original. I assume not as the versions are specific to Ubuntu release. I haven't upgraded from 11.04 yet.

Thanks for replying.
I've not tried it because I'm running Indigo, but does "Check For Updates" not upgrade to the latest version?