PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Problem with panel opacity

Hvidemose
February 5th, 2012, 11:49 AM
Hey there

I have this problem with the transparency or panel opacity on the top panel. The panel doesn't change with wallpaper changes... Its the same after restart...

I have illustrated it with this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFGm4IkyAQA

How can I get it to work normal like it use to?

Cheers

Hvidemose
February 6th, 2012, 11:42 AM
Anyone???

x371322
February 9th, 2012, 09:26 PM
I'm having the exact same problem. It's been like this since my last run of updates. :confused:

The only thing that works for me is returning the opacity to full and then back down again. A bit inconvenient to do every time I change wallpapers, which I do pretty frequently. It's either that or leave it at the full setting. But I prefer it transparent.

x371322
February 14th, 2012, 09:31 AM
Bump

x371322
March 2nd, 2012, 06:11 AM
Bump. Surely someone has seen this before? I've been googling this for weeks and haven't been able to find a fix.

faida
May 24th, 2012, 08:52 PM
i have same issue. but set opacity full and back down is not worked for me. just restart unity works. i did not realize when the issue start. maybe i try uninstall ubuntu tweak tool and then myunity. yes its sound stupid, but nothing comes my mind. really bothers me.

fragos
May 25th, 2012, 09:38 AM
I experienced the same problem in Ubuntu 11.10. For me 12.04 works correctly with the panel and launcher set as very transparent. In my experience CCMS is very buggy and I find that MyUnity and Ubuntu Tweak allow those changes in transparency in a more stable fashion.

zombifier25
May 25th, 2012, 10:07 AM
It's a known bug: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/unity/+bug/865006
For me, most of the time it works but sometimes it doesn't.

faida
May 25th, 2012, 12:25 PM
this morning i had same problem with dash background either.. even nautilus window was stay on dash background which is wasn't open.

jadtech
May 25th, 2012, 02:45 PM
the Opacity is working for me on the top bars with the back ground just fine..

depends on just how transparent you have things adjusted once you have the opacity brightness transparency setting all set and activated with your theme set open a program hold the ALT key down and use the scroll wheel on your mouse to adjust transparency to the level you want it Remember each program will be different ..

how ever it is not remember from use to use if you close that window and restart it will have to be set again, unless that window class is set in compiz setting under opacity brrightness..

the other thing is the opacity and transparency are effected by other programs running the window in the foreground will ony be as transparent as thebackground will allow so the more programs running maximized or minimized the less transparent things will be ..

at least this is what I am finding

jadtech
May 25th, 2012, 03:28 PM
its much like things in life would be if you took one piece of clear plastic wrap on the counter it is clear see through you see the color of the counter it is on very well about 100% transparent lay another peice over that it starts to change the heat of the opacity increases with each sheet layer added till you can't see through it becomes foggy solid mass..

3d is about more real feel and effect, when you talk about things like opacity and transparency , opacity is effected by ply ( thickness) and thinness of an object as well as stretch and bend , transparency of things is better defined by heating and cooling transparency effect is like this you heat something to it max point to the point of degrading the faster its cooled the more transparent the object becomes ..

opacity in color is light (White) thinnest to dark (Black)thickest
if you take a black piece of plastic and melt it the slower you cool it the grayer it it becomes the more you heat it and cool it slow soon your black plastic becomes white if the plastic was transparent at the start like the plastic wrap I talked about earlyer if you heat you whited black plastic strech it out and cool it super fast it becomes transparent again ..

any how all that said if you set transparency and opacity with your window full size then you make the window small the smaller you make it the thicker the opacity becomes and the less transparent it is going to be more noticeable the higher % of tranparrency you set ..

any way unless you set a window in window class to be % of transparent all the time when you close it and reopen it window has slowly cooled inactive needed to be re-set ..

Reality what a consept

faida
May 26th, 2012, 03:48 PM
changing dash blur type, from static to active worked.. no more dash or panel background issue right now.

12fam21
September 11th, 2012, 04:24 PM
i adjust my opacity to level 50. the things happen is that all my windows, and folders that i open was invisible, such that i cannot see all the command buttons. is there any settings to return my opacity effect to its default value?