PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Trouble With Installing Packages

chughes27
February 5th, 2012, 07:59 AM
So, I've been trying to install a few apps, and when I try to install them I get an error saying "Please insert the Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot cd" or something along those lines. So pretty much I can't install them without a CD, which I do not have and I cannot burn one. I've never had this issue before and I would love for it to go away.

mikewhatever
February 5th, 2012, 08:18 AM
In the Software Center, click Edit->Repositories, and uncheck the CDROM box.

chughes27
February 5th, 2012, 08:20 AM
Thanks!! That was really helpful!

Bucky Ball
February 5th, 2012, 08:53 AM
If it solved your problem please mark thread as 'Solved' from Thread Tools to help others. ;)

chughes27
February 5th, 2012, 06:35 PM
Not solved anymore.

Now, when I try to install something, it just sits there and loads and says "waiting for apt-get to close". How do I fix this??

Old_Grey_Wolf
February 6th, 2012, 02:18 AM
I have never had that problem. However, after a reboot try these commands

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade

If that doesn't work then maybe the errors from those command will give someone an idea for fixing the problem.

chughes27
February 6th, 2012, 02:49 AM
Just used the update and upgrade commands, everything seems to be working fine now. Thanks!

Old_Grey_Wolf
February 6th, 2012, 03:09 AM
Please mark thread as solved

If you do not know how to do that, near the top of the webpage (scroll up) there is a menu "Thread Tools". Select "Mark this thread as solved". It lets other people searching the forums know that this had a working solution and they don't need to provide additional help.

Thank you.

chughes27
February 6th, 2012, 03:15 AM
Done!