PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Uninstalling 11.10

ksahrakar
February 5th, 2012, 05:01 AM
Tried installing wubi 11.10 - crashed with 10 sec to go with a "access denied" message I did not understand. Tried uninstalling - not listed as a program in win control panel. machine double boots - ubuntu does not boot up properly ( obviously ). So, I thought I would try installing again. Wouldn't let me without deleting "ubuntu" folder which I did. Then reinstalled - got same crash message at very end of installation attempt. Machine still trying to double boot on startup - windows now looks corrupted with no desktop on bootup. I just want to get rid of Ubuntu now - does anyone have any advice?

OK
Now I tried restoring the machine to before trying Ubuntu install - still see double booting option. Networking no longer works on starting Win. There is no Ubuntu partition ( I have been reading up about this in other posts ). I really need some help here!

jerrrys
February 6th, 2012, 01:03 PM
I do not run windows or wubi, but the standard forum answer seems to be:

use you windows restore cd

Bucky Ball
February 6th, 2012, 01:10 PM
11.10 Wubi unreliable. Most Wubi installs seem to be. Is intended to try Ubuntu for short time, not permanent. If it runs well from the disk ('Try Ubuntu' option) then perhaps think about a side-by-side dual boot (install Ubuntu in its own partitions on the hard drive). Faster, better user experience, and less problematic.

If you really want to go with Wubi install, try a stable release. The current long-term support release, 10.04 LTS, might be the go. Welcome and good luck. ;)