PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] compatible with compaq presario cq61-420us

alexwebster
February 4th, 2012, 11:48 PM
I am wondering if ubuntu is compatible with my compaq presario cq61-420us laptop. You can find the specs here http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834107044. It has a 12 cell battery and runs off from a usb wireless adapter. Can you see if it compatible with my laptop and if not send me a compatible laptop that is compatible with it. Also, if you can please pose info on more then one compatible laptop is. if you have to?

Azxff
February 5th, 2012, 03:41 AM
Alex,

I see no problem with running Ubuntu on this machine..All the drivers should load with no problem. Just go to additional drivers after the install and activate the ATI graphics driver. This machine was practically made for Linux...I would start with 10.04 Lucid LTS myself but I see no reason for 11.10 to have any problems with it.

alexwebster
February 5th, 2012, 04:11 AM
Ok, which one would be better for web development? Also i have seen other computers that have ubuntu go into sleep mode and when you lift the laptop screen back up, you would have to restart the whole computer. Is there a way to get around this?