PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] No drivers working after kernel update

pasoleatis
February 3rd, 2012, 07:51 PM
Hello,

i have a acer 4830tg laptop. I installed a few days ubuntu 11.10. 64 bit, the bumblebe package and the nvidia driver with cudatoolkit. Everyrthing sseemed to work until this evening when I let do the upgrade of kernel from 3.0.12 to 3.0.15. After nothing worked anymore. I just gave a try and boot in the previous version of kernel and everything is ok. Why is the new kernel crippling my system?

oldfred
February 5th, 2012, 07:15 PM
I do not know bumblebee nor cudatoolkit. But if they are installing the nVidia drivers to the kernel, you may have to update on each kernel change.

The normal nVidia driver from Ubuntu links/integrates into the kernel & is updated on each kernel update.

pasoleatis
February 5th, 2012, 09:46 PM
I do not know bumblebee nor cudatoolkit. But if they are installing the nVidia drivers to the kernel, you may have to update on each kernel change.

The normal nVidia driver from Ubuntu links/integrates into the kernel & is updated on each kernel update.
Thank you for your reply. I can manage with bumblebee and nvidia drivers. The biggest problem is that nothing works. After update I lost all the the drivers, including mouse pad, wireless, sound. How Do I fix that. i understand that the new kernel has some important features for saving energy when running on battery.